Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ryan - a little bit about my photography... finally




DOCUMENTA


With photography lies my deepest respect and passion, for the still image is a language spoken by all and undertood on a multitude of levels - each specific to the viewer.

My photography aims at telling a story (hopefully the truth) , in the fashion of social documentary photography. Freezing that second in time when that something special is generously revealed. Great images will often tell us a secret about a secret, nothing more, nothing less, to let our own imagination come up with the "answers".

Diane Arbus once said "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know"


Here are just two examples of my work, I will put more up soon, promise guys...


One is a doco I did of the Gold Coast, the other from my Sydney series.

1 comment: